It’s no secret that Instagram is one of the most rapidly evolving social networks. In 2020, the platform surpassed its one-billion-user mark. Overall, it provides businesses with an incredible opportunity to drive sales and reach wide audiences. Still, the competition is fierce. If you choose to sell products on Instagram you’ll be one of over two million businesses already advertising on Instagram each month. What’s more, around 75% of users buy products after interacting with Instagram business ads.
If you want to take advantage of this huge opportunity, find out how to effectively sell products on Instagram!
1. Optimize Your Profile
Consumers are increasingly searching for brands on Instagram instead of Google. That’s why it’s important to have an eye-catching Instagram profile. You should treat your business’ Instagram profile as your new homepage. Focus on three key steps:
- Choose an on-brand profile photo — Use your logo to make your profile photo and your company easily identifiable.
- Focus on your bio — Write a compelling Instagram bio. Specifically, try to communicate with your audience through it. It should tell prospective customers exactly what your products are.
- Use the URL section — The unique URL that you can add to your bio is the only link that’s allowed by Instagram. It’s an on-point tool for driving traffic. Essentially, it can direct users to your product or landing page.
2. Use a Business Profile
When you convert from a standard to a business Instagram profile, you’ll get access to numerous features for selling and reporting. They include:
- Insights — Instagram Insights is a tool that automatically compiles the demographic and personal information of your followers. You can use it to assess various metrics, including website clicks, reach, impressions, and profile visits.
- Story links — This recent feature allows businesses to use links in Instagram stories. That way, you can lead your audience directly to your product page.
- CTA button — A business profile will provide you with a convenient CTA button. Your followers can use it to contact you directly.
- Connect your Facebook and Instagram accounts — This feature enables you to link your Instagram and Facebook pages and run ads through the Ads Manager.
3. Set Up Instagram Shopping
If you set up shoppable posts, you’ll get a head start on increasing sales. Shoppable posts allow you to add product tags to your images. Then, as Instagram users click on the tagged products, they’ll be directed to the product page. This saves your customers a lot of time. If they save a post, they won’t even have to find the products on their own in the future.
4. Take Advantage of Instagram Stories
Every day, over 500 million users view Instagram stories. Additionally, businesses create approximately 30% of the top viewed stories. Stories are always shown on top of the standard Instagram feed. Essentially, this increases their reach to your potential customers.
Generally, you could use stories to share behind-the-scenes glimpses into your business. Moreover, use them to keep your followers in the loop. Therefore, you should get creative and tease your followers with stories about product development, giveaways, or any other exciting product info.
5. Research Hashtags to Sell Products on Instagram
Hashtags are the most effective way to attract attention in your organic campaigns. With an Instagram business account, you’ll be able to research the number of impressions from hashtags per post. Additionally, you’ll see how many non-followers you have reached. If you spice up your hashtag game, you’ll actually boost both of those stats!
What’s more, hashtag research is not complicated. It requires you to look up various terms that are related to your products. Then, if you find a balance between relevant hashtags with high and low posting volumes, you’ll have a better shot at being noticed.
6. Run Ads
A lot of upcoming businesses will never even consider Instagram ads because of small budgets. However, you can potentially score a high ROI even with a low-budget campaign.
For example, consider running an ad in tandem with ads on your Facebook. Here, the trick is to use the Ads Manager. You can carefully create an effective campaign instead of immediately tapping “Promote.” Furthermore, you’ll get the benefit of additional targeting options, campaign types, remarketing lists, etc. That way, you’ll make the most of your advertising budget. Alternatively, you could direct your money towards influencers. They can work with you to reach thousands of people with user-generated content.
Rise Local Social Media Marketing & Management
Instagram is by far one of the best platforms for online sales, and our tips will definitely help you get ahead in the game. If you want to know more about selling on Instagram, and other social media marketing strategies contact us for a free consultation! Rise Local is a Dallas-Based digital marketing agency that can fulfill all of your company’s social media marketing needs. From strategy to product photography and publishing– we’ve got you covered!